Thursday, September 16, 2021

1 Month Down

 I am nearly a month into my new, healthier lifestyle, and I'm feeling great!  I have more energy to play football and basketball with my oldest, and find that it's not as uncomfortable to sit on the floor and play Playmobil with my youngest :)  Last blog I had decided to lock the scale in our safe to keep me from being tempted to think about weighing myself constantly, because let's be honest, that's not healthy on any level.  That lasted about a week, and then I left it out one morning, and have found that when I weigh myself daily, although weight can fluctuate from day to day, I am able to stay on track better and see how what I am eating affects me.  Surprisingly enough, I haven't felt like a slave to the scale, which has been nice.  Another thing I have found helpful has been to keep a food diary, for much the same reason that I weigh daily.  It helps to keep me accountable to myself, as well as lending insight if I'm having a stall in weight loss.

In fact, I feel less and less that food the same control over me that it used to, and that goes for drinking anything other than water, as well.  I'm also finding that my complexion has really cleared up once my diet did.  I think I have drank more water in the past month than in the last 5 years, which is really embarrassing to admit, but I was a big pop drinker and when I was thirsty that is what I typically reached for. 

So, at this point, almost a month in to the Trim Healthy Mama (THM) lifestyle, I am down almost 13 pounds. I know the weight loss will slow as my metabolism adjusts and such, but it is a good motivator to keep pushing, especially as those clothes that haven't fit well for quite some time begin to loosen a bit :)

No comments: