Monday, February 2, 2009

It's "Ms. Osborn" to You

Today was my first day in the high school and of student teaching and it, honestly, was rather boring (not that I mind, though)! As mentioned in an earlier blog I'm sure, I have three LA2 sections and three LA3 sections. All of the classes seems to be pretty well behaved for the most part, with a few exceptions in a class or two (which is to be expected). The sophmores are just finishing Of Mice and Men and Mrs. Hyatt said that I will probably be able to start taking them over later next week. She said that it will be a little longer before I take over the Juniors because they are still reading The Great Gatsby which she is going to finish up.

My planning period during fourth hour, which is right before lunch, and so it makes for a nice, long 1 1/2 hour break where I can eat at my leisure, grade, make copies, and just prepare for the second half of my day. Yesterday before I came home from Omaha I was so upset because I was just so nervous about student teaching and nervous that I would be thrown in pretty quickly, but Nick kept reassuring me that it would be okay and that I had nothing to worry about. Turns out he was right (as of today), but don't tell him that ;) He is just so good to me and I am so lucky to have someone like him by my side and encouraging me during this new point in my life, and I couldn't ask for anything better! Hopefully when it is time for me to take over the class in full I am still feeling so happy! But hopefully that won't be for a few weeks :)

No comments: