Monday, September 19, 2011

Looking Back and Looking Ahead




Looking Back

Yesterday Nick, Emma, and I met Mom, Dad, Gma, and Gpa in Rock Port to celebrate my birthday early as we always have. We usually get together at Gma and Gpa's for a weenie roast and a big family get together, but this year with me working we just had to compromise. We met at the truck stop in Rock Port for lunch, then we went to the park for cupcakes and gifts :) It was great getting to see everyone and spend some time together, but boy does the detour we have to take, suck!!!! I don't think I've mentioned it in any posts, but this past summer there was some major flooding from the Missouri River from north of Council Bluffs all the way down I-29 to Rock Port. Therefore, even though the flood waters are receeding, they have left the interstate between Glenwood and Rock Port damaged and undrivable, and so we have to take this crappy detour where the roads are super hilly and wind around a ton which means that if you get stuck behind some people who are piddling along (which we always do!), then you're stuck behind them for over an hour, or longer, depending on how slowly they are driving!

Looking Ahead
Anyhow, we had a great time with everyone and now that we're back home, I have been decorating for Halloween and Fall in general :) I am so excited for the holidays this year because Emma's older and I just think that they are going to be a lot of fun, except, perhaps for having to watch Emma super close so that she doesn't destroy our Christmas tree :P I am planning on putting in to have Black Friday and that Saturday off here in a few weeks, and so my fingers are crossed for those days off to be approved!








No comments: